WCLO/WJVL was transferred to Benjamin Thompson on August 1, 2019. The report below includes all necessary information prior to the transfer.
ANNUAL EEO PUBLIC REPORT
WCLO/WJVL Radio Stations
August 1, 2018 to and including July 31, 2019
The purpose of this Annual EEO Public File Report (this ‘report’) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the Commission’s 2002 EEO Rules.
This report has been prepared on behalf of the station employment unit (Southern Wisconsin Broadcasting, LLC) which is comprised of the following broadcasting stations:
WCLO, 1230AM, Janesville, WI; facilities identification number 61390 and
WJVL, 99.9FM, Janesville, WI; facilities identification number 61391 (collectively “reporting stations”) and is intended to be placed in the public inspection file, and on web sites, if any, of the Reporting Stations by the applicable Commission deadline.
The information contained in the Report covers the time period beginning, August 1, 2018 to and including July 31, 2019
(the “Applicable Period”)
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the reporting stations during the applicable period.
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the Commission’s EEO Rule, which should be separately identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number.
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the applicable period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC Rules.
For the purposes of this report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended, but when the hiree actually started work for the station.
A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone, via internet or email or some other correspondence.
Since some of the information required for this Report is duplicative, the Station Employment Unit has developed the attached set of Appendices which, in the aggregate, contain all of the information believed to be required under the Commission’s EEO Rules.
WCLO and WJVL utilize the services of Broadcast Compliance Services (BCS) in an effort to achieve broad dissemination of all full time vacancies at our stations. We post each vacancy with BCS and can effectively target our dissemination to a National, Regional or Local scope. All employment data received by our employment unit is entered into the BCS database and compiled each year to generate the required report which can be found in Appendix A.
(This document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Use this link to download a copy, free or contact WCLO/WJVL to obtain a copy of this report.)